Bangkok is a vibrant, colourful and strangely awesome city to visit. Besides a great selection of the best party hostels in Bangkok, it has on offer everything from great and cheap food, interesting tourist sites, fun activities and most importantly for the young – and young at heart – a vibrant and exciting nightlife. It also acts as a stopover destination for backpackers flying into the city with the goal of making their way to one of Thailand’s many breathtaking islands or to other exciting neighbouring countries.
Whatever your reason for visiting Bangkok, make the best of it by staying at a hostel where you can meet other likeminded travellers and head out and party with them. Many party hostels are located on or near the main backpacker road – Khao San Road – but there are numerous other party areas in the city – where you’ll tend to be mingling with a higher proportion of expats than tourists. Here we are giving you eleven of our favourites, we’re sure there’s something for everybody in this list. If you’re planning to go to Koh Phangan next – these are the party hostels to check out.
If you’re unsure what to do while in town, this fun itinerary should help, although you’ll easily make friends in these hostels and find plenty to keep you occupied.
Pro Tip: If you’re planning to travel around Thailand for a few weeks, I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to have decent travel insurance – as you never know what could go wrong and accidents happen ALL the time in Thailand. Just read my Koh Tao horror story. I always use World Nomads, as they’re known as the best insurer for backpackers and long term travellers.
Feel like SPLASHING OUT? Check out the best pool parties to attend at bottom of this article.
11 Best Party Hostels in Bangkok (plus they’re CHEAP!)
Hi! I’m Janet Newenham, an Irish-born digital nomad and blogger. My blog, Journalist On The Run, is a journal of my travels and career hurdles, as well as a “bucket list for life.” In my youth, reading inspired me to create and achieve goals for my future.
My long list of goals took me to places I could never have dreamed of, each one inspiring me toward the next. Along the way, I picked up a few awards like “Digital Media Travel Journalist Of The Year” in both 2017 and 2019 while simply doing what I love.
Now, well into my 30s, I’ve seen so many of the world’s alcoves that it would be wrong not to share my experiences with you. This blog is my way of taking you around the world with me, and I hope you enjoy the ride.
My goal was to visit 50 countries before I hit 30. I never imagined that at 37, I could proudly say I’ve seen 101 of the world’s beautiful countries. Of course, no matter how much you think you’ve traveled, there is still so much left to see, and I look forward to going on the run with you.
Table of Contents
- 11 Best Party Hostels in Bangkok (plus they’re CHEAP!)
- 12. Mad Monkey Bangkok The newest kid on the block from the Mad Monkey hostel group, which already has a reputation for having some of the best party hostels in Southeast Asia. Located right near Khao san Road – the biggest party street in the city and the mecca for backpackers in Southeast Asia – you’re guaranteed a good time if you stay here. Once the hangover kicks in head to their outdoor pool and chill out with new friends while planning your next adventure. Want to know how wild it will be? Check out the photo below from their sister property in Cambodia! PARTY ON! Book on their website here. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUrRxxqB1Fr/ 11. ETZzz Hostel, Lumpini Located near Lumpini Park (note there’s not many parks in Bangkok so if you like your Green spaces this is a good option if you want to get a morning run in to sweat out the hangover) with the closest MRT station being Lumpini, ETZzz Hostel is the perfect place to meet other travelers. Hang out on the rooftop patio or sip a drink in the hostel’s lively bar and then share a taxi with your new pals to head out clubbing. Beds are highly affordable and prices start from EUR6. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRV7fFSD1et/ 10. The Oasis Hostel Bangkok, Khao San We love the chill atmosphere at The Oasis Hostel. The staff are absolutely amazing and aim to keep guests truly entertained with many weekly events being organized, such as barbecues and quiz nights. If you don’t trust us on how great this place is, then Google’s your friend. Look it up and you’ll see it’s highly rated according to numerous reputable booking sites. It’s really easy to make friends at Oasis. Anything goes at the Garden Bar such as barbecues, card games and chilling in the hot/cold tub – that’s right, there’s even a hot tub in this hostel – pretty sweet! Being only a five minute walk from Khao San makes it really convenient for those late nights. Prices from EUR9! READ NEXT: Best Party Hostels in Cambodia
- 9. NapPark Hostel Bangkok, Khao San
- 8. Bodega Hostel, Khlong Toeo
- 7. The Alley Hostel and Bistro, Khao San
- 6. WE Bangkok Hostel
- 5. 3Howw Hostel Sukhumvit 21
- 4. Suneta Hostel, Khao San
- 3. The Overstay Bangkok
- 2. Nitan Hostel, Khao San
- 1. Monkey Nap Hostel, Khlong Toei