If you had told me a few years ago (or even a few months ago!) that in June of this year I would get to travel to one of the most beautiful countries on this planet, I probably would have laughed at you. However the reality is I did somehow miraculously get to travel to the Maldives on budget and it was all made possible through Airbnb! While there are a few budget hotels options and Couchsurfing is also an option if you’re really on a tight budget, Airbnb Maldives is the way to go. If you have already sussed out where you’re going to stay, and you’re simply looking for help to plan your trip, this Maldives vacation planner should help.
I’ve decided to write this post to share with you the best Airbnbs in the Maldives, to give you that final push in booking your flights to paradise. Note: these aren’t all super cheap options, I’ve thrown in a few of the expensive gems to show you what’s available if you can stretch that budget a little higher – it will probably be worth it!
Wondering what to do while there?? Read my post on all the unique things to do in the Maldives.
- Airbnb Maldives super budget options
- Shared room near the airport – Just €11 per night
- 2. Room in Hulhumale near the (manmade) beach – €35
- 3. Private room on the island of Kaashidhoo – €24
- 4. Kinān Retreat on Fulidhoo Island
- 5. Private room on Maafushi Island (Small Hotel plus Bikini Beach)
- Airbnb Maldives – Midrange options €50 – €150
- 1. Deluxe room on Kamadhoo Island
- 2.Room on Feridhoo Island, Alifu Alifu Atoll – €111 per night
- 3. Room in Jailbreak Surf Inn on Himmafushi Island – €89
- 4. Room on the beach with activities on Mahibadhoo Island
- Luxury Airbnb’s in the Maldives – Go for gold!
- 1. Sleep and cruise on a private super yacht – €3,000 PER NIGHT
- 2. Rent an entire villa for up to 11 people – €265
- 3. Beach bungalow on private resort island – €415 per night
- 4. Floating water village experience – €138
- Enjoy this post? Please PIN IT!
Airbnb Maldives super budget options
If you would do anything to get to the Maldives and don’t mind spending your first days near the airport, these are some ideal airbnbs for you. I would recommend you don’t stay any longer than a day or two though as the islands nearest the airport are not anywhere as pretty as the rest of the country.
A lot of people renting out rooms on the budget end usually work in the tourism industry and will try sell you some day tours, adventure activities and bring you on a day trip to a rester island. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing so don’t get offended – they normally know Maldives better than anyone and will get you the best prices and take the stress out of organising. I trusted my host and ended up on some amazing tours for a great price.
It should also be noted that some of the local islands do not have ‘bikini beaches’ which means you must cover up when at the beach. It’s good to do a little research on which islands are best for tourists before booking your Airbnb rental. Also, some islands are a lot prettier than others. Up-to-date information can be hard to find so I suggest booking 2 nights in Male or Hulhumale then asking the locals which islands are currently the best to visit and go from there.
If you’ve never used Airbnb before, I suggest reading this first (and getting my free coupon code!)
2. Room in Hulhumale near the (manmade) beach – €35
3. Private room on the island of Kaashidhoo – €24
4. Kinān Retreat on Fulidhoo Island
Relax, Enjoy the shades of blue…
Our cozy property located right in front of the beach is with spacious 9 rooms with a great sea view. Charming staffs at our hotel will ensure you’re happy thro…
5. Private room on Maafushi Island (Small Hotel plus Bikini Beach)
Budget Room in Maafushi
Cheap way to explore Maldives
Airbnb Maldives – Midrange options €50 – €150
While €150 might seem a lot, if there are two of you sharing it’s only €75 each with isn’t bad for a luxury holiday in the Maldives. Unlike other countries, a lot of the local hotels in the Maldives will actually list their properties in Airbnb so it’s not just private home owners. Don’t be surprised if you book a room and find your self staying in a guesthouse or even a large hotel! Also – you may even find the same room cheaper on other websites so once you see a nice place have a look on hotels.com too to see if it’s any cheaper there.
1. Deluxe room on Kamadhoo Island
2.Room on Feridhoo Island, Alifu Alifu Atoll – €111 per night
Feridhoo Inn guest house is consisting of 5 luxurious rooms, our guesthouse is fully furnished with attached bathrooms and our rooms have facilities like air conditioning, free wifi,
3. Room in Jailbreak Surf Inn on Himmafushi Island – €89
4. Room on the beach with activities on Mahibadhoo Island
The Amazing Noovilu Guesthouse&Food
Authentic Azur Water Experience…
We are proud to announce scuba diving as our new activity!
Luxury Airbnb’s in the Maldives – Go for gold!
Just for fun, let’s have a look at the most expensive Airbnbs in the Maldives. Although, it must be said, there aren’t really too many outrageous ones as the luxury hotels and resorts really have the monopoly on over-priced rooms! ;-)
1. Sleep and cruise on a private super yacht – €3,000 PER NIGHT
Cruising in Maldives up to 18 pax
Honors Legacy is one of the most luxurious liveaboard Yacht in Maldives. Honors Legacy will take advantage of weather and naturals patterns in order to provide optimal cruising year round. Enjoy th…
2. Rent an entire villa for up to 11 people – €265
3. Beach bungalow on private resort island – €415 per night
Guraidhoo and it’s bikini Island
As one of the first resort in the Maldives, Guraidhoo island has stayed pure and natural. All bungalows are situated near the beach in a natural environment.
After landing our new speedboat will br…
4. Floating water village experience – €138
Maldives Floating Water Villa
Comfortable & Relaxing 2 Rooms with AC, Minibar, TV, Free WiFi, Safety box, Restaurant, Sundeck, Sun Lounges, private dining, BBQ Area, Candle Light Dinner, Snorkeling, Fishing etc with private but…
Enjoy this post? Please PIN IT!