Geisha’s, Temples and Sake Tasting – Kyoto, Japan

kyoto temple

gion district

geisha

DSC00089

• thebippityboppitybeautifulblog
    December 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Wow! Incredible photos!!! :)
    I hope you have a beautiful day! <3

December 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thank you! Im going to go check your blog out now, it looks great! :)

• showjon
    December 1, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Reblogged this on 蕭宗網誌http://showjoun blogspot.tw and commented:
    japan

• thewaterspirit
    December 1, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Beautiful! Captions with these photographs would have been better.

December 1, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Yes, you’re right! Was been a bit lazy haha but will add in captions tomorrow. :)

• thewaterspirit
        December 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I just finished a book on Japanese geisha and was thus looking for the captions to relate to the story :)

December 1, 2013 at 4:08 pm

In Kyoto, tourists can pat to dress like a Geisha for a day so most people wearing Kimonos were just tourists. Seeing an actual real Gion is pretty rare except in the Gion district at night. I was lucky I saw a beautiful one in the daytime (the lady in red with her head bowed). I felt a bit bad taking a photo but decided I couldn’t miss the opportunity. The lady in purple with her head bowed was one of many walking around the Gion district at night.

• thewaterspirit
        December 1, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Aw, thanks for this information. :)

• Geisha’s, Temples and Sake Tasting – Kyoto, Japan | 蕭宗網誌http://showjoun blogspot.tw
    December 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm

[…] Geisha’s, Temples and Sake Tasting – Kyoto, Japan. […]

• moushifj
    December 2, 2013 at 3:28 am

Very beautiful, you caught a tourist dressed as a Maiko and a real Maiko. If you could tell me where that second picture was taken (Which part of Kyoto, Gion Kobu, Gion Higashi, Pontocho, miyagawacho, kamishichicken) I can find out who she is. She’s in her first year of training, which might help in narrowing down the names ^^ I have a fairly good idea I know who she is, but I want to make sure ^^

• silkpurseproductions
    December 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm

These pictures do speak for themselves. They are beautiful.

• Looking Back, Looking Forward | Journalist on the run
    January 14, 2014 at 1:18 pm

[…] a last minute weekend break to Japan in October and exploring the mystical city of […]