Masters Graduation

I was very sad to miss my Masters Graduation ceremony back home in Ireland this week, but as flying over 9,000km from Korea to Dublin for 1 day was definitely not an option, I just had to get on with my days work teaching cute little Korean kids their A,B,C’s!

I think the principal of the school felt a little sorry for me, so she spent the entire day today photo shopping my head onto other people graduation photos, then uploaded them into facebook. You can imagine my surprise and delight after a long days teaching, logging on to facebook to see these hilarious yet brilliantly photoshopped images of myself at my Graduation! She even got the colors right and somehow added the University crest to one of the photos too!

I may have missed the actual graduation ceremony, but at least I have some photos from the occasion! :D

Oh look, there I am at my University!

Oh look, there I am at my University!

There I am, looking the wrong way!1

There I am, looking the wrong way!1

With a lovely James Joyce quote!

With a lovely James Joyce quote!

I'm looking well! haha

I’m looking well! haha

• silkpurseproductions
    September 5, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing your Prof did for you. One more memory for you to cherish.

• Lisa Flannery
    September 5, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Hi Janet,
    This is Lisa from UCD Communications. We came across your blog and these photoshopped pictures and we think they are a great. With your permission, we’d like to share to our university facebook account and perhaps link to your page on twitter? Many thanks, Lisa. My contact details are at: http://www.ucd.ie/universityrelations/the-team/index.html

September 5, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Hi Lisa, Yes feel free to share! :) Janet

• Russell Smith
    September 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Congratulations and felicitations! I missed both my B.S. graduation and M.L.S. graduation ceremonies. I didn’t feel like I needed that kind of validation for the hard work that I’d done. I just gave myself a pat on the back. Isn’t teaching the greatest? Such fulfillment in seeing minds grow, and feel the appreciation of students who recognize your efforts on their behalf. Kudos! Double kudos!

• ksbeth
    September 5, 2013 at 6:40 pm

wonderful idea! congrats )

• Susan
    September 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Congrats. Hope you are enjoying Korea.

• Gil Sousa
    September 5, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Janet, you are one of the most amazing persons I have met so far! You have so many awesome life stories that you’ll spend years telling them to your grandchildren :D Keep smiling :)

• David M
    September 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Congratulations!

September 16, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for all your nice comments guys! :)

• Looking Back, Looking Forward | Journalist on the run
    January 14, 2014 at 1:18 pm

[…] Graduating with a Master of Science in Humanitarian Action! (Even though a missed the ceremony, my new boss ensured I didn’t “miss the photo op!” […]