Ireland; Where the grass really IS greener!

I have been home from Korea for 3 weeks now and have not even looked at this blog. No posts, no comments, no photos. It has been a weird transition getting used to life back in Ireland, catching up with friends and family and enjoying all my favorite Irish foods again.

Sometimes I miss Korea, the friends I made there and how accessible everything was. Living on a farm in Ireland is a totally different life to living in an apartment complex in a Korean city. I miss being able to go out for dinner any night of the week, My friends being within walking distance and the fact that fun things always seemed to be going on.

That said, it’s GREAT to be home. Spending loads of time with my parents, my close school friends, newly made couchsurfing friends and catching up with all my buddies in Dublin. Although the weather isn’t great it sure as hell isn’t as bad as all the miserable,never ending combination of humidity and torrential rain in Korea.

I have been on lots of little road-trips and discovered how beautiful Ireland is. We sometimes take our own country for granted and forget how many amazing things there are to do and see right on our own doorstep. A few days in Kerry, west Cork, Dublin and other spots in between and I have realized why people always say how GREEN Ireland is.

Touring the Dingle Peninsula in Kerry made me come to the conclusion that in Ireland the grass really IS greener than anywhere else in the world. The people are friendlier, delicious food, lively pubs, beautiful scenery and the weather is…well it aint THAT bad. I’m happy to be home anyway.

Me outside Muckross House in Killarney, Co Kerry

Green green hills of Kerry

Lakes of Killarney

Torc waterfall, Killarney

Shamrocks

Killarney National Park

Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry

1. August 26, 2011 / 3:41 pm

Hello my name is Frederic, I am the co-founder of ProjectAngel (website coming soon) and I found your blog interesting. I was wondering if you will be interested to do some collaboration with my company” Please contact by email if you want to know more about it. Thank you. Frederic frederic.bibard@gmail.com

December 14, 2011 / 1:09 am

Sure, feel free to email me about any ideas! Janet

2. Christine Liu
    September 26, 2011 / 11:44 pm

Ireland looks gorgeous. I had the same feeling when I moved back home to the states. I really do miss what I had in Korea. What have you been up to?
    By the way I am no longer on facebook, I deactivated a while ago just to see how long I can go without.

December 14, 2011 / 1:09 am

Hey Christine! Im doing a masters back in Ireland for the next years so just having fun with friends and family, but no travel plans. You are right, Korea was pretty great, I miss it at times too.

3. TourAbsurd
    October 4, 2011 / 11:29 am

Just as Malta showed me shades of blue I never knew existed, Ireland has definitely showed me hundreds of new shades of green. It really is amazing here. :)

4. intrepidtraveller
    October 7, 2011 / 2:15 am

You are right some countries just have amazing colors in their landscaped…likes the shades of red in the desert in Namibia or the shades of blue in the water in the Philippines! Ireland is well and truly GREEN! :)

October 10, 2011 / 11:28 pm

Ireland..where it is seemingly green all year round! :)

5. December 14, 2011 / 12:23 am

One of my very best friends is from Dublin, and she raves about her beloved Ireland. Her photos & stories, and friends of hers I’ve met all attest to vibrant greenness and beauty. She’s moved to the states now for love & work, but she misses her Ireland with every breath. I never tire of hearing her stories about Ireland…

6. December 30, 2011 / 11:19 pm

Ireland is amazing, i would love to go there one day.. :-)

December 31, 2011 / 2:27 am

Hee hee yes I’m very proud of my home country, you must visit for sure, in good old Irish tradition I’ll buy ya a drink!